Patient safety is the top priority for the Trust and there is, therefore, considerable support for Pharmacy in moving forward developments in medication safety.
Major financial investments have already been made for automated dispensing (to reduce prescribing errors), electronic prescribing (to reduce prescribing and drug administration errors) and ward-based medicines management (also to reduce prescribing and drug administration errors).
All of these Trust-wide developments are now underway and demonstrate the Trust’s commitment to improving safety for our patients
Our department governance team works on a number of key areas both for the department and the wider Trust:
- Developing the strategic direction of our governance work
- Manages the governance agenda particularly where the work is devolved to others
- Compliance with legislation, standards, good practice, recommendations and guidance
- Minimising the risks of drug use in patients
- Minimising the risks in providing pharmacy department services
- Service quality / benchmarking
- Provides evidence/assurance of meeting standards